Become a Vendor
Why Choose Building Character?
Becoming a vendor is an excellent opportunity to get into the retail renaissance Downtown Lancaster is experiencing. In addition to amazing restaurants and nightlife, boutique shopping and contemporary accommodations, BUiLDiNG CHARACTER vendors are located in a historic warehouse setting in the heart of the city’s best shopping districts, the 300 Block of North Queen Street.
Available spaces are $85 to $650 a month depending on square footage. In addition, there is a sales commission and other fees associated with vendor sales. Vendors are not required to work at their shops as BC is set up as a co-op/collective operation; nor are vendors required to work hours at BC.
Perks & Benefits
- One of Downtown Lancaster’s premiere shopping destinations
- Some of the largest numbers of shoppers/browsers for the city’s monthly First Friday celebration
- Convenience of tapping your entrepreneurial spirit with the flexibility of a co-op atmosphere that doesn’t require daily hours or overhead and labor costs.
- Month-to-month lease options
- Detailed accounting of monthly sales with our POS system
- Electric and heat included
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, ApplePay acceptance
- Customize vendor spaces to meet your needs
Vendor Application Form
BC’s mission of recycled, handmade and vintage is a simple one: 90% of the merchandise sold inside BC’s century-old brick walls is locally made from gently used fashionable clothing to handmade jewelry and metalcraft to art, antiques and collectibles to custom greeting cards and handcrafted ornaments by local craftspeople, most of whom employ green practices and recycling methods to create their inventory.